Chief Poetker Clarifies Short and Long Term Goals
Members need to be aware of where Chief Poetker is taking the organization. the following is a short description of his plans.
Firstly, Short-Term Goals (60-90 days) are:
- The plan for the garage is to equipped it with 100 gear lockers.
- As you are aware, the Ambulance will soon be ready for service.
- We ordered the new administrative vehicle on Friday. Subsequently, the Expedition is the EMS support vehicle.
- Incorporate and publish By-Law revision proposals. Therefore, this will lead to additions of EMS Officers.
- The Live-In program will be enhanced with committee assignments and with new Live-Ins members being added.
- The Operating Budget will be defined for the next 2 years and the Capital Budget will be established for the next 10 years
Secondly, Medium (90 days – 1.5 year) are:
- Move the kitchen to the sitting room.
- Move the sitting room to the current gear room.
- Purchase a second ambulance.
- Form subsidiary company and begin trade school (start with EMS classes and develop)
- Improve the live-in program to 16 members.
- We have evaluated how we can partner with the Town to be more integral such as EOC for the Town at the Station etc.
Lastly, over the Long Term (Over 1.5 years) we endeavor to:
- Take steps to develop a trade school.
- Increase partnerships with private partners and secure funds for expansion of trade school.
- Overlap classes to support members.
- Rehab Rescue Squad.
- Add an addition on Fire Station.
- Maintain 18 live-in members (goal of 3 shifts of 6).